Consulting — Installation — Commissioning
Who we are
Integrated Mill Systems (IMS) is a process automation solutions provider for the metals industry. Our staff has a broad range of expertise in a variety of metals processes. We provide open architecture designs, commissioned by the engineers who created them. Since our inception in the early 90s, our approach has been to fully understand the manufacturing processes and develop system architectures that best fit the application using standard products that seamlessly integrate with existing plant systems.
What we do
IMS focuses on the Metals Producing and Processing market and provides a wide range of equipment and services for both new and retrofit projects
- Hot Strip Roughing & Finishing Mills
- Cold Rolling (Single & Tandem) Mills
- Strip Processing Lines (Pickling, Galvanizing, Color Coating)
- Steel Processing Lines (Slitting, Cut-to-Length, Multi-Blanking, Inspection)
- Long Products
- Plate Mills
- Non ferrous Mills & Lines
- Flash Butt Welders
- Pipe mills & Pipe Carriage Cut-Off
- Coke Making, BOF
- Tension studies
- AGC, Drive regulator upgrades
- Level 2 Computer & Data Acquisition systems
- Onsite service, installation engineering
IMS provides controller and drive combinations that meet maintenance and operating needs. We utilize readily available industrial products and open architecture designs.
- Programmable Logic Controllers: AB Logix, GE FANUC RXi, Siemens S7
- Adjustable Speed Drives: Siemens, AB PowerFlex, Reliance, ABB DCS/ACS, GE
- HMI Software: CITECT SCADA, GE FANUC Proficy, Rockwell Software, RSView, Wonderware
What Separates IMS from the Rest?
- The use of “Off the Shelf” equipment for both complex and simple tasks free the user from the “Black Box” syndrome, tethered to offshore suppliers for support and spares.
- The development and use of simulation code and models enables an incredibly realistic environment during testing and training.
- By adhering to our execution principles we deliver vertical start-ups enabling machine up time.
- Risk mitigation, exceptional cost and schedule performance through exhaustive preparation provides on time delivery and fast machine startup.
- We take pride in providing systems that do not require a system service contract to maintain.